MIRADOR DE DARAXA

Aucun commentaire
This mirador is one of the most sublime example the architectural achievement of the Nasrid period, so precise and intricate are the details of its decoration, with two lateral arches and a double-arch in the front, facing the Patio de la Lindaraja, which was closed in the time of Carlos V in a cloister-like fashion. During the Nazari era, the Mirador de Daraxa had a direct view on the Albayzin and the Generalife. 

Its name comes from the Arabic Ayun Dar-Aisha, meaning : the eyes of the Aisha's house.


About the windows, there are 2 poems in Arabic, by Ibn Zamrak

I have tried to translate it as best as I could from the Spanish translation, because most of the time the translation you find on Internet website is simply rubbish : 


All the arts have gifted me their beauties,
giving me perfections and splendours.
Who sees my beauty, will judge me like the wife
Who comes holding a jar, and will beg her favours.

When one contemplates closely my beauty
He will trick his eyes with a delusion
Because he will think the moon 
Has deserted its place in the sky
To make this place its palace.



I am not alone because from here 
I contemplate an admirable garden.
No eye has seen something like it.
This is the crystel palace;
But who has seen it can confound it
With a tempestuous and thrilling ocean.
All of this was made by the Imam Ben Nasr*


(¡May God be the guardian of his greatness among the kings!)
His ancestors won an even greater glory
Because the gave asylum to the Prophet and his people.


* : the Imam Ben Nasr is Mohammed V, the 8th emir of Granada, who built the Palace of the Lions.

Its name comes from the Arabic Ayun Dar-Aisha, meaning : the eyes of Aisha's house.



Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire